About Volunteering Waikato
Volunteering Waikato was established in 1993 with two main objectives - to ensure community groups get the volunteers they need, and to ensure that volunteers get the most out of their decision to give their time, energy and passion. We do this by matching volunteers with the community organisation where they will have the greatest impact, enjoyment and sense of contribution.
Volunteering Waikato has a strong focus on ''best practice'' in volunteer management. This is reflected in our own work, and in our expectation of other organisations that work with volunteers.
Volunteering Waikato has a range of services including:
- Volunteer recruitment and referral
- Training / professional development for those managing volunteers
- Employee & Group Volunteering Programmes
- Support and advocacy in the area of volunteerism
- Volunteer Excellence Awards
- Enriched lives and communities through volunteerin
- To support and enable opportunities in volunteering
- Volunteering Waikato believes volunteers are an essential community asset
- Volunteering Waikato upholds a service of excellence and best practice
- Volunteering Waikato places the diverse needs of clients and stakeholders at the centre of its work
- Volunteering Waikato celebrates and values volunteers and volunteering